I had another doctor's appointment on Monday and it turns out that our daughter is not as healthy as we originally thought. I was sent to a specialist on Tuesday where they did another ultrasound and showed us what was wrong. It seems that her brain only began to split into 2 lobes - it's partially cleaved at the frontal lobe, but the rest remains one big piece and it's well past the point in development to expect it to finish. This, along with a few other indications, lead our physician to the conclusion that our daughter has Trisomy 13, a rare chromosomal dysfunction. It only occurs in 1 of every 10,000 births and is just a random phenomenon. Although the pregnancy will continue as normal for the remaining 4 1/2 months, she won't be able to survive outside of the womb for very long. We'll only have her for a few days or maybe a few months once she's born.
We're still trying to digest all of this. It's a little overwhelming to say the least. But we're determined to enjoy her while we have her. And we know that we'll be reunited with her again when our time on earth is through. Until then, we will miss her.
Thanks to those who have offered your prayers for us, and we apologize that we were not able to call and tell everyone in person. Just know that if you have any questions for us you are more than welcome to call. We are doing well and have so much to be thankful for during this time.
9 years ago



13 comments:
We love you guys. You're attitude and outlook on all of this is inspiring. We're praying for you.
your positive attitude is a huge testimony to us! We love you guys tons and are praying for your little family!!
I'm so sorry to hear that. You do have a great perspective and you will make it through.
I second what Paul says..We love you guys! Just knowing your perspective is an example to us! You guys are truly amazing!
Dear Craig and Meredith,
We love you guys so much and are so sorry. You do have a wonderful outlook. I am just so sorry you have to go through this. You have a lot of courage and faith and please know that our prayers are with you. Ted and Tracy
Oh you guys. I've always had that thought in the back of my head, what if one of my babies has some sort of disease or handicap etc? What if she only lived X amount of time? And I finally came to peace when I realized that it would be an honor to have that precious spirit with us even for minutes because she was too good for this earth. She didn't need to go through trials to prove herself worthy to return to our loving Heavenly Father, she already has. And what a compliment it is to you two that you are worthy to be her parents and give her that body that will one day be perfect, and be worthy to raise her one day. It's kind of exciting to think about. I understand it doesn't make it easy right now, but I too am so grateful for your eternal perspective and will be praying for you guys. Oh, I love and miss you both. Kandi
We're so sorry to hear the news. We love you guys! You will definitely be in our prayers.
Meredith, Craig and Brady, We love you and are so thankful for your example and attitude. What a precious little girl you have with you right now. Along with many others, you are in our prayers and so is your little sweetheart.
Just wanted to let you know how much we love you guys. We think about you often and will remember you in our prayers. I know it's been stated before, but your attitudes and examples are inspiring.
Craig and Meredith,
We want you to know that we are here to support you along this journey. We will cry with you as long as you need us too, as well as celebrate the love and joy that your precious little girl will bring into our family. We will also anxiously await, with you, the moment when we look into her eyes again in heaven. We know that the joy she brings to you during her short time here on earth will far out weight the trial, and that the joy she brings in eternity will be more than any of us can comprehend. Thank you for the loving, dedicated, spiritually strong parents that you are.
We love you four more than we can say. Mom and Dad
Andrew and I are heartbroken to learn of this difficult time for your family. Please know that you will be in our prayers and in our thoughts. We know that you are a very special couple to have such a special daughter come into your life. We love you and are there for you.
I am so sorry to hear about "baby sissa". I can't even comprehend what you guys are feeling right now. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge of the gospel! We are praying for your family and please let us know if you need anything! Love you guys!
our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment