Last night we were invited to a neighborhood game night/potluck for which I made Swedish Meatball Kebabs and a Pickled Cucumber accompaniment. The kebabs went fast, but the cucumbers kind of got left behind. When Brady saw me bring them home last night he actually asked me to give him some. And when I did, he actually ate it! And asked for another one. And another one. It was amazing! I'm so excited that my son ate vegetables, I had to make a post about it. And just in case the recipe is magic, I'll post it here, too. They really taste like pickles, but take way less time and effort.
Pickled Cucumbers
Ingredients:
1 English cucumber
1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:
Cut cucumber crosswise into very thin slices (preferably using a manual slicer). In a bowl whisk together remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved and add cucumber, tossing to coat. Marinate cucumbers, covered and chilled, stirring occasionally, 4 hours.
*recipe courtesy epicurious.com/Gourmet magazine



3 comments:
yay brady! and yay mommy for making something so delicious out of vegatables lol!
also mer you and your family have been in my prayers. And i know the lord has been with you as we have seen...and know my bf's brother and his wife went through alot with thier little one landon and he is a healthy one year old now and they werent sure he would make it he was born a month and a half early due to complications with his mommy and now he is walking and soon to be talking and is at where he should be for his age if not further so trust me the lord is watching over you and i know your baby girl will be well looked after and hopefully healthy and with you all for a long time. you too have a great outlook and lots of support and prayer.
All right Brady! Thanks for sharing the recipe Meredith, I love these cucumbers.
Post a Comment