11.02.2008

Halloween 2008

Happy Halloween! We hope everyone had a fun holiday and that you have stores of candy to last the rest of the year. This year was Brady's first year trick-or-treating and he LOVED it! We went the economical route with his costume and created a turtle costume from things we had (plus a hoodie from DI - love DI).

Brady even helped paint his bowl, I mean turtle shell. We couldn't get enough of how cute he was running around in his little costume!

On Thursday we carved our pumpkin. Well, mostly Craig carved it and Brady and I watched. We thought Brady would love getting in to all the mess, but he wasn't so sure what to think. He let Daddy do it instead and focused his efforts on trying to steal the pumpkin carver.


A close up of his face upon first opening the pumpkin

Our scary pumpkin. Nice work, Craig!

This was my project - caramel apples. I have to tell everyone about how awesome this Silpat thing they're sitting on is. I got it back in April and I've used it mostly for baking cookies, which it's fabulous for. But I also set these apples on it right after dipping and none - not even a drop - of caramel stuck to it. NOTHING sticks to this thing. I've heard candy makers use it when working with melted sugar. Everyone should have one of these. They're fantastic.

Now here's one more picture of Brady for good measure. He's playing with all the candy we have left over from trick-or-treating. I guess people don't really come to our neighborhood because they're scared of the old houses? But we didn't learn this until it was too late. Oh, well. More for us!

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Love the pumpkin! Good work Craig!

Tyler said...

Thanks for finally inviting me to your top secret blog. I'm trying to catch up on the past few months, now :).

Durrant said...

Way cute costume! You are so stinking creative! The pumpkin looks awesome! And I am seriously drooling over the carmel apples!

The Robinsons said...

What a cute turtle!! (And I love those silpat things too! I use it for everything!)

Raeanna said...

you are too creative Mer! Thinking of painting a bowl for a shell and everything?! Wow I am impressed! Brady is always adorable!

Christie said...

That is the cutest turtle I've ever seen!! And I'm super impressed with the pumpkin. So unfair . . . so much creativity in one family! :)

grammatracy said...

Wow, we're in finally! First of all, darling turtle costume...very creative. 2nd...Craig if you did your Fantasy Football as well as you carved pumpkins you'd be in first place!!! That's a compliment to the pumpkin carving skills, no matter how backhanded :)

kenders said...

Love the costume and the pumpkin! Those teeth are awesome! :)

Janni said...

Wow! You guys are so creative!

Russ/Karen said...

Cutest turtle I have ever seen! Wow! His creative parents are amazing! Bring that little turtle over the river and through the woods will ya?
And the pumpkin, well I think he needs some dental work! Ya better bring him over for Thanksgiving too!
Love You!

The Robinsons said...

Halloween was a long time ago and since we don't have the luxury of seeing you often, an update would be appreciated! :-) Just miss you guys...hope you're doing well!